Benefits of Having Motorvaps Roadside Assistance – 24/7 Backup through Motorvaps
Roadside emergencies can be a dangerous and stressful experience. Whether you’ve found yourself in the middle of the road or off to the side of the highway, having expert roadside assistance goes a long way in ensuring both you and your vehicle make it to your destination safely.
Tow trucks are never far off, but their rates – even for a short tow – can easily set you back hundreds or even thousands of rands, likely unbudgeted for and out-of-pocket expenses. Unlike some roadside assistance providers, they won’t try to fix the problem before breaking out the winch. But aside from emergency service, taking out a policy which covers roadside assistance can offer some additional – and oftentimes little-known benefits that might make joining more worthwhile than you think.
Running out of petrol, locking yourself out of your vehicle, blowing a tyre and discovering a dead battery are all emergencies that require their own course of action. Walking to the nearest (or not-so-near) petrol station to fill a jerry can; finding, requesting and paying for the services of a locksmith; changing your own tyre or having to flag down strangers for a boost may be enough to convince motorists to turn to a service provider that offers affordable, all-inclusive assistance for these issues and more. To a lot of people, insuring themselves against mechanical breakdown and costly auto-related mishaps is worth the flat annual fee. With risk-related premiums, coverage may even pay for itself year-after-year.
Overall, roadside and breakdown services are just like insurance policies: bought with the hope that they’ll never have to be used. Whether you’re concerned with being stranded on a deserted road or you’re just not confident at changing a tire, roadside assistance provides valuable peace-of-mind that many motorists just can’t be without.
How Does Motorvaps Roadside Assistance Work?
Motorvaps does not sell roadside assistance as a standalone policy, but rather as a value added benefit to their warranties. When taking out a warranty with Motorvaps, you can expect to enjoy added benefits linked to your policy, such as:
- Motorvaps Roadside Assistance
- Changing of a flat tyre (changed to your own spare tyre)
- Out of fuel call-out (cost of fuel is for your own account)
- Jumpstart (this is limited to twice per year, any call-outs for this service after your allocation will be for your own account)
- Mobile battery replacements (for your own account)
- Key lockout service for your vehicle (up to a maximum call out of R300.00, any surplus is for your own account)
- In the event of a vehicular breakdown, Motorvaps will arrange authorised towing to an approved RMI repairer.
- Motorvaps offers a 24 hour, 365 day towing service to policy holders. Towing arranged and authorised through Motorvaps will be covered up to an annual limit of R300.00, with any additional towing or surplus charges for your own account.
- Overnight Accommodation
If the covered vehicle breaks down more than 100km from your home, Motorvaps will reimburse you for accommodation upon receipt of your invoice. This benefit is only covered in plans where it is explicitly included. The annual limit for this service is R500.00
All benefits listed above are covered in accordance with your specific Motorvaps plan; be sure to check if your plan of choice covers these components.
This is all in addition to having full coverage for included items within your warranty!
Source credits: http://blog.caasco.com/automotive/beyond-roadside-assistance/